Today in class, we began Unit 4, which focuses on atoms. Here is a picture of what the white board looked like after Andrew finished writing on it:
Here are pictures of the notes I took:
In addition to all this, Andrew told us a bit of history on the discovery of the atom, in addition to the following announcements:
- Our team has been invited to join Brian Delgado's freshman team and the Astronomy Club on a field trip to Sycamore Canyon this Friday. Bus tickets cost $7, and the bus will be departing High Tech High at 5:00 PM and returning at 8:00 PM. If you are interested in participating, let Andrew or Brian know as soon as possible so they can provide you with a permission slip.
- Independent Assignment proposals are now available on Andrew's DP in the blog post titled "Independent Assignments" posted on February 18th.
- In honor of the emerging of High Tech High's space program, we will be learning a lot of space science this semester!
- We will be receiving a lot of new equipment soon, which will allow us to conduct a lot of new experiments. Stay tuned.
- (Due tomorrow) Write a reflection on an experience that you feel brings you happiness. It must be typed, one page, and single spaced. You must write about the experience itself, and then in a separate paragraph write about how the experience made you feel physically. If you did not receive the paper describing this assignment, send me an email and I will send you a picture of the paper.
- (Due next Friday) Work on Unit 4 assignments. This week's cover sheet, both worksheets, and explanations/criteria for this week's Illustration and Journal Writing assignments are on the February 18th post titled "Unit 4-The Atom."
- (Due this Friday) Work on Unit 3 assignments. Andrew's notes on measurement are up on his DP in the February 3rd post titled "Unit 3- Measurement." If you would like this week's Weekly Planner, the Unit 3 worksheets, and parts 1 & 2 of one of this unit's labs, you can also find these on the post mentioned above. My notes are in the February 3rd post of this blog. The density activity reporting criteria can be found on the February 6, 2014 post on his DP.